Ask someone to name their favorite 80s movie, and Back to the Future is one you'll hear a lot. Ask someone to name their favorite Michael J Fox movie, and the percentage of people who say Back to the Future is going to be above 90%, maybe above 95%.
Well... I have a confession to make. I enjoy Teen Wolf more than Back to the Future. It's not that I don't love BTTF, but I love Teen Wolf more. It's really a personal thing, but here's what I love about Teen Wolf:
- It scratches my itch for a "monster" movie without even being a tiny bit scary, and I can't handle truly scary movies (this is a recurring theme in my favorite movies)
- It's actually a basketball movie, and I love sports movies.
- Being a sports movie gives it an opportunity to have a montage, and I am a sucker for sports montages. The song Win in the End is a very inspirational song.
- It's a little bit naughty, but in a way I understood better than the Back to the Future naughtiness (at least at the time).
- Stiles was the coolest!
- As an adult I've gained a crazy appreciation for the Coach. He doesn't say much but is probably my favorite character in the whole movie.
- I love how the movie becomes about the star player making a personal sacrifice and refusing to win by himself once he realizes how selfish he has been.
So a few things to point out. Even as a kid I realized the basketball scenes are laughably choreographed, and on top of that they are repetitive. Don't care. Doesn't affect my enjoyment at all.
All of this brings me to the Founder's Pick.
I've worn this shirt for over a year now (not every single day as that would be gross), and it gets lots of double takes. The graphic is really cool with the profile view, 80s headphones, and lettermen's jacket. I'm wearing a size XL and it has definitely shrunk up on me, as all cotton will do. Usually I wear a tall size but in this case I wanted the regular blank tee for testing purposes. The graphic has held up really well after quite a few washes.
I think you'll love this tee as much as I do if you love Teen Wolf as much as I do!